Source: Scott “Future” Felstead of LA Muscle
Recently, TNA Knockouts Champion Mickie James shared 8 of her best training tips with Scott “Future” Felstead of LA Muscle. You can read her 8 tips below, though we encourage you to check out the full article at LA Muscle by clicking here. Enjoy!
8 Amazing Training Tips That Keep Mickie James in Championship Shape
1) Mickie favours ‘cheat moments’ instead of ‘cheat days’. She finds that allowing herself the odd treat on an otherwise healthy day is better than loading up on sugary or high calorie foods for a whole day.
2) This diva of the squared circle hits the gym 4 days a week.
3) Mickie is a heavy lifter and prefers high reps and low sets.
4) Wrestlers find preparing food difficult because they are always travelling, so Mickie makes sure to order wisely off the menu and will ask for food to be grilled instead of fried or make healthy substitutions whenever she can.
5) Mickie takes care of her mind as well as her body and enjoys taking the dogs for a run in the park. She enjoys Yoga too.
6) Mickie drinks green tea and loves to make her own smoothies, including an amazing peanut butter smoothie with flax seed!
7) Separated shoulders, busted noses, and strained necks are common injuries that Mickie frequently picks up in the ring. She understands that she should not over-train or she will threaten her ability to recover quickly.
8) Mickie tries to avoid ‘fad’ diets and training gimmicks and favours the traditional methods of hard work and perseverance to achieve her goals.