Jake “The Snake” Roberts spoke with Jason Freda of “The Edge” Talk Pro Wrestling and MMA for a candid interview. Jake spoke on the following:
– Why he decided to get into the wrestling business, even though he hated pro wrestling.
– Taking Diamond Dallas Page under his wing to help launch his career.
– His role as being the ‘setup man’ for Hulk Hogan.
– What he saw in ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, and putting him over at King of the Ring to launch the Austin 3:16 era.
– Why he planned the ‘Earthquake killing the Damien the snake’ angle to go the way it did.
– The Cobra biting Macho Man Randy Savage, and how silence from the crowd can be the best reaction.
– Getting punched in the face by Muhammad Ali and never going down. Ali’s words for Jake afterwards.
– His new book, coming out soon.
– Whether or not he’s been contacted by WWE recently.