Source: Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com
Thanks to Orlando correspondent Tim Capture for providing the text-message updates.
* Jeremy Borash is the ring announcer. Dave Penzer is gone from the company as Borash handled the announce duties last night at Sacrifice as well.
* They’re doing a Make a Wish for a kid named Trent who wanted to compete in a ring. It’s Team 3D & Trent Dunn vs. Beer Money, Inc. Winner after a 3D through a table with Trent getting the pin, Team 3D & Trent Dunn.
TNA Impact (Airing Thursday on Spike TV):
* The show is starting with a segment in the ring about the top ten contenders.
* Eric Bischoff out w/ Ms. Tessmacher. He knows everybody has been waiting for the #1 contender to the championship. He, Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter are the deciding committee and factor in win/losses, previous champions and fan votes.
10. Samoa Joe
9. Rob Terry
8. Desmond Wolfe
7. The Pope
5. Mr. Anderson
4. Jeff Hardy
3. AJ Styles
2. Kurt Angle
* Everybody but Angle came out on the stage as their name was announced. Sting will face RVD for the title at Slammiversary. Samoa Joe left during the names being called. Sting came to the ring and Bischoff congratulated him on wrestling RVD for the title but tonight he’ll show he deserved it by wrestling Jeff Hardy. Sting smashes the signs in the ring with his baseball bat then says if he, Hogan and Dixie want change so bad he should change how he walks and then smashes Bischoff’s leg with his bat. All the babyfaces go in for the save but Sting uses the bat to keep them all away. Hardy gets the bat and gets in Sting’s face. Hardy then throws away the bat and Sting gives Hardy a low blow. RVD comes out and distracts Sting while Hardy recovers and hits a reverse DDT. Hardy goes up for a Swanton but Sting gets away.
* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne. Winner via cradle DDT stunner type move, Roxxi.
* Kurt Angle is back and comes to the ring for a promo. He’s noticed some changes since he started here four years ago. He was one of the elite and one of the best. But with guys like Hardy, RVD and Mr. Anderson around plus guys who elevated themselves like AJ Styles and even Jay Lethal he’s not one of the best anymore. He says he’d wrestle for free. It was never about the money, it was about competing and being a winner. He says he’ll be a winner forever. He’s at a crossroads now and has accomplished everything you can do. He’s going to start from scratch and take his name off the top 10 list and wrestle everybody on the list. He promises to have some of the best matches you’ll ever see and that’s real, damn real.
* Orlando Jordan is on the catwalk hooked up and ready to rappel down. Orlando Jordan (after being slowly lowered down) vs. Rob Terry. Terry is limping and his left leg is heavily bandaged. Hebner called for the bell while Jordan had Terry in a front ankle lock. I didn’t see Terry tap but Hebner gave the X sign. Jordan wouldn’t break the hold and all the referees rushed into help. Jordan broke the hold but attacked Terry again as he was being checked and put the ankle lock back on. He broke the hold again and left. No announcement of who won. Terry got helped to the back by security.
* Beer Money, Inc. vs Jay Lethal (as just Jay Lethal, no Black Machismo) & Rob Van Dam. Lethal and RVD win after a Lethal figure four leglock to Robert Roode. Ric Flair came out afterwards and attacked Lethal on the ramp. They fought to the back as RVD watched on. RVD went around slapping hands with fans and Sting came out of the crowd and hit him with a chair, beat him up and then left. Hardy came out afterwards to check on RVD. Hardy gets in the ring and says he makes his living walking to the beat of a different drum but no one really knows what’s going on in his head. He grew up watching Sting and now he’s in TNA with him. He dares for Sting to figure out what’s in his mind now and says he and his creatures of the night will take him to the furthest reaches of his imagination.
* Abyss comes out. He says Desmond Wolfe has something, or someone, he owes to him, so let’s do this. Chelsea is brought to the ring with security as Desmond Wolfe is furious and yelling at security. Abyss says it’s quite ironic because at Sacrifice he made Wolfe his bitch. Tonight he’s taking Desmond’s. Wolfe says what we have is a sense of false security. If he thinks Abyss is taking her he’s sorely mistaken and is taking her over his dead body. He takes out security and low blows Abyss. He takes a bottle out of Chelsea’s bag and breaks it. He uses the jagged bottle to cut Abyss up. Chelsea is upset and thinks it’s too much. Abyss uses the opportunity to black hole slam Desmond and put Chelsea on his shoulder so he can leave with her.
* It’s Earl Hebner’s birthday.
* Eric Young w/Scott Hall and Kevin Nash is out. Young gets on the mic and says he understands the boos. He’s got everything and you have nothing. He’s in the Band and you’re not. These are the only guys he respects. Nash is an ass kicker and gets booed for it. The only people who understand him are Young and Hall. The Band are here to stay and there’s nothing you can do about it.
* Eric Young w/Scott Hall & Kevin Nash vs. Shannon Moore w/Jesse Neal. Team 3D come out and Jesse Neal goes after them. Nash gets up on the apron and distracts the ref, giving Nash a chance to hit Moore with his tag belt. Young then hits a piledriver for the win. After the match, Neal slides into check on Moore but Bubba takes him out. He slaps Neal in the face and says he brought him into the business and can take him out. Devon stops him and says he’s overreacting. Brother Ray argues with him and says he’s not. They leave and argue the whole time.
* X Division Battle Royal: Homicide, Amazing Red, Generation Me, Brian Kendrick, Kazarian and the Motor City Machine Guns. Order of elimination: Amazing Red, Max Buck, Alex Shelley, Jeremy Buck, Chris Sabin, Homicide and Brian Kendrick. Winner: Kazarian
* Sting vs. Jeff Hardy. The ref got knocked out. During this Sting went for a Scorpion Death Drop but Mr. Anderson gave Sting one instead. Hardy made the cover and got the pin. Anderson tries to celebrate the win with Hardy but Hardy pushes him away and they argue. Anderson goes into his pose for the mic to come down but Sting hits him and Hardy with his bat and takes off.
* Okada vs. Douglas Williams. Winner via Chaos Theory, Douglas Williams.
* They advertised Half Pint Brawlers coming to Spike on June 2nd. One of the stars, Puppet joins the commentary team.
* Announced as for Impact, for the TNA Knockouts Titles, Sarita and Taylor Wilde vs. The Beautiful People. Winner via a claw slam from Lacey onto Taylor, The Beautiful People. Puppet celebrates in the ring with them afterwards and smacks Velvet’s butt so they beat Puppet up. Lacey feels bad about it and checks on Puppet. When she does he kisses her. She breaks free and goes in for more and makes out with him again.
* Kazarian vs. Jay Lethal. Flair comes out during the match and distracts Lethal allowing Kaz to take over. Winner after another Flair distraction, Kazarian via schoolboy. Flair attacks Lethal afterwards and beats on him for awhile until Lethal turns it around and takes over. He hits a back body drop and clotheslines Flair out of the ring. AJ Styles then runs out and attacks Lethal. Kaz stops him so he can do it instead but Lethal dropkicks both of them out.
TNA iMPACT! Spoilers (5/20): Sting is the #1 Contender for Rob Van Dam's Championship
Source: Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com