– X Title: The Amazing Red defeated Homicide
– All Titles On Line: ODB/Sarita/Wilde defeated The Beautiful People
– Tag Title: British Invasion defeated Beer Money and Motor City Machine Guns
– Cage Match: Tara defeated Awesome Kong
– Rhino & Team 3D defeated The Pope, Hernandez & Matt Morgan
– No DQ: Scott Steiner defeated Bobby Lashley
– Kurt Angle defeated Desmond Wolfe by submission
– TNA World Title: AJ Styles retained over Samoa Joe and Daniels
Here are the results from Sunday’s “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View event:
– The Amazing Red (with Don West providing live commentary) defeated Homicide to retain the X Division Championship. After blocking a top rope hurricanrana attempt by Homicide, Amazing Red was able to hit his Code Red finisher for the win in the end. After the bout, West congratulated Red on the successful defense.
– The British Invasion defeated Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns to retain the TNA Tag Team Championship. The bout saw Kevin Nash come out to take the Global Championship from Eric Young, then Nash nailed James Storm with the title on the outside of the ring, allowing The British Invasion to get the win over Robert Roode inside the ring.
– In a 6 Sixes of Steel cage match, Tara defeated Awesome Kong after a huge splash off the top of the structure for the pin. After powerbombing Kong from the ropes, Tara had her chance to climb out, but chose to finish off Kong with the big move for the victory!
– A video package aired highlighting Hulk Hogan joining TNA Wrestling, also featuring Eric Bischoff and TNA President Dixie Carter
– Rhino and Team 3D defeated The Pope, Hernandez and Matt Morgan. After tremendous six-man action, in the end Team 3D used a chair on Hernandez as he was attempting his Border Toss finisher, allowing Rhino to hit his GORE finisher on Hernandez to get the win!
– In a bloody, no-disqualification, Falls Count Anywhere battle, Scott Steiner was able to defeat Bobby Lashley. The bout went all over the arena, with Steiner eventually smashing Lashley at the Spanish Announce Table with a metal rod from the scaffolding for the win. After the chaotic match, Lashley pushed off paramedics and walked out on his own power, later saying that his war with Steiner downlowas far from over.
– In an amazing match, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle defeated British newcomer Desmond Wolfe. Each man went back and forth trading high-impact and submission moves, resulting in chants of “This Is Awesome!” from the fans in attendance. In the end, Wolfe managed to fight off Angle’s Ankle Lock submission, but ended up tapping out to Angle’s triangle choke! The Olympic Gold Medalist won the battle, but Wolfe proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is certainly a major force in TNA Wrestling!
– In a three-way classic, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles retained the TNA World Championship, beating Daniels and Samoa Joe. The bout may have surpassed their original epic battle in 2005, as the fans in the arena were in total amazement! Certainly, Match Of The Year material! In the end, Samoa Joe went for his Muscle Buster finisher, but Daniels hit his STO instead. Daniels hit the Best Moonsault Ever and went for the pin, but AJ Styles nailed a springboard 450 splash on Joe and Dnaiels. AJ tossed Daniels aside and got the pin on Joe to retain the World Title! Daniels was shocked that he lost by such a narrow margin, while Joe looked on in anger! AJ Styles celebrates as still the TNA World Heavyweight Champion!
Tune into Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV starting at 9/8c for the aftermath of the Pay-Per-View, plus more news on Hulk Hogan joining TNA Wrestling!