Halloween Costume Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The XHeadlines Halloween Costume Photo Contest(the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada who are at least 13 years or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and representatives of XHeadlines and TBLWrestling (“Sponsor”), and each of their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation, or handling of the Contest, any agents acting on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), as well as the immediate family members and individuals living in the same household of such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Chances of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period (defined below).
2. Acceptance of Official Rules: By providing information and participating in the Contest, each entrant and his/her parent/legal guardian, if necessary, agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. Promotion Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) October 21st, 2008 and ends at 12:01 p.m. ET, November 6th, 2008 (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.xheadlines.com and follow the instructions for entry. Each entry must include the following information: First & Last name(s)and age(s) of the submitting party, First & Last name(s) and age(s) of the pictured, specific category for entry, valid return e-mail address, valid mailing address, e-mail attachment of photo. The photo MUST be in the form of a .JPG, .JPEG, or .jpg format. One photo may be entered into all three (3) categories but must be submitted three (3) times with specific categories. After you have fully completed the online entry form and submitted the required information, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. In the event of a conflict as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the individual assigned the email address by an ISP (Internet Service Provider), or other organization responsible for assigning the email address associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Contest Entities are not liable for lost or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned other than as set forth in the ‘Personal Information’ section of these Official Rules. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per category per person during the Promotion Period. Any additional/duplicate entries will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of a registration will not be deemed by Sponsor to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempted form of participation in the Contest other than as described herein is void. Any individual who completes an on-line entry form will be entered in this Contest unless his/her parent or legal guardian requests that his/her entry be removed. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all entries may be used at the Sponsors’ discretion to promote current and future promotions on the Sponsors’ website(s). Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or to modify the Contest at any time if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Attempts by an entrant to deliberately damage the Contest web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any violations of these Official Rules) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right (i) to disqualify any such entrant from the Contest and (ii) to seek damages from any such entrant to the extent permitted by law.
5. Drawings, Odds of Winning: The potential winners will be chosen by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all aspects of the Contest. Our editorial team will choose the winner based on the originality and style of costume, quality of picture, and the ability for the photo to engage an emotional response. Winners will be posted on the main website(s) and message boards by November 10, 2008. Only personal photos (and not plagiarized or copied) will be accepted. Please note that the photo chosen is entirely up to the discretion of our editorial team, based on the criteria outlined. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected entrants will receive an email explaining how to redeem the prize. Parent/legal guardian of any potential winner, who is a minor, must accept the prize on his/her minor’s behalf. Selected entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of the Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Further, in all cases, the potential minor winner’s parent/legal guardian may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and release (US only) or Declaration of Compliance (Canada only) in order to claim his/her prize. A potential winner forfeits his/her prize if: the potential winner cannot be contacted due to improper email address submitted by potential winner; potential winner is ineligible under these Official Rules due to age or resident location; prize is returned as undeliverable; potential winner cannot otherwise be notified; if a Canadian resident, the potential winner fails the skill testing question; the potential winner fails to sign and return the proper affidavits, releases, or other required declarations; or potential winner is otherwise disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is deemed ineligible for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the prize to an alternate winner.
One (1) Grand Prize for each of the three (3) categories: Any wrestling related DVD, CD, or book (“Media”) of which will not exceed $25 U.S. Dollars suggested retail price, as determined by the Sponsor.
TOTAL Grand Prize: $75 U.S. Dollars (Maximum)
The Contest Entities (i) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize; and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with another item of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes, costs, and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not specified in the Official Rules. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering this Contest, entrants agree that the Sponsor may use the likeness, photograph, voice, first name and last initial, city, state or province, and comments of winner in publicity or advertising in any medium (including the Internet or other interactive network) in perpetuity without further compensation or right of review, except where prohibited by law.
8. Release: By entering this Contest, entrant (and parent/legal guardian) agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless, Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action (including but not limited to, claims for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any of the prizes. Any and all issues concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules pertaining to the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, the laws of the United States and the Province of Ontario where applicable. Entrant (and parent/legal guardian) hereby acknowledges that Contest Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
9. Disclaimer of Liability: Contest Entities are not liable for lost, late, stolen, defaced, mutilated, illegible, delayed, or misdirected entries, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, human error, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, or damaged entries, delayed computer transmission which may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest in any way, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Contest Entities. Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems or the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, software or hardware equipment, failure of any e-mail on account of technical problems, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participation with this Contest.
11. Winners’ List: Contest results, winner’s list, and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
XHeadlines Halloween Costume Photo Contest/Official Rules
c/o Usable Web Solutions, LLC
P.O. Box 119
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
Requests must be received by November 30th, 2008. Official Rules will also be posted online at http://www.xheadlines.com/2008/10/20/halloween-contest-rules/ during the Promotion Period.
12. Sponsor contact:
c/o Usable Web Solutions, LLC
P.O. Box 119
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
Halloween Costume Photo Contest