Another rowdy and enthusiastic Luton crowd, saw Power Trip Wrestling stand tall and put on a show in the face of adversity. The days prior the show had seen no less than thirteen wrestlers pull out due to injury and/or transport issues and parts of the card be forced into last minute change, but PTW Owner Peter Staniforth was in his usual confident mood and was insistent the show would go on and would live up to PTW’s reputation. Here’s the results and main happenings from the show.
* Peter came out to start the show, and announced that as a thank you to the fans, he would make the ‘Cruiserweight Chaos’ match for the vacant PTW Cruiserweight Title, as his son Andrew brought the title belt to the ring. As Peter’s daughter Victoria brought what will apparently be the PTW Heavyweight Title to be introduced in the future, to the ring, an amped up and angry as hell Stixx stormed to the ring and scared her; and also threatened Peter physically. Shabazz came out to make the save, to cheers, and said he would announce his cornerman….”who has ALL the power”…later on.
* The Red Haired Loon defeated ‘The Angel Of The North’ Kyle Kraze. This was a fun match, which saw Red Haired Loon taking the victory with the feared Claw!
* G ‘The Ghetto Superstar’ became the first ever PTW Cruiserweight Champion, defeating Matt Naylor, Danny Stevens, Dan Ryder, Nico Brixton, and Hubert in the ‘Cruiserweight Chaos’ match. After the match, G’s celebration was cut short by a bitter Dan Ryder, who turned against his friend and left him laying in the ring.
* ‘Mean & Green’ Anton Green & Maverick defeated Leon X & Jim Brooks. After the match, Peter Staniforth got into the ring and told Jim Brooks plainly that it was “decision time….you’re either going to be a team player…or you’re fired from PTW”.
* Rich N’ Famous defeated El Ligero, in a slight shock. Ligero was, as ever, adored by the crowd, but Rich N’ Famous took the win and his stock is sure to rise even higher as a result.
* Andy Simmonz defeated Spatch. Andy was very popular with the crowd, and PTW would like to thank him, and will be bringing him back when his schedule allows.
* Gangster & Hubert defeated ‘Youth Gone Wild’ Will Davison & Ant Lacayo. Despite the efforts of Davison & Lacayo, and they did put up a good fight; Gangster & Hubert came away with the win as Gangster continues in his quest to get under the skin of the PTW Owner.
* ‘Mr 50-50’ Dan Evans defeated Martin Kirby. A definite contender for match of the night.
* Sykes, Cameron Kraze, Dan Edge, & Jay Cool defeated Frantastic, ‘Scorpion’ Bill Duffy, Rolling Aikeda, and Mason Storm; in the eight man tag team match.
* Brian Braddock defeated American All-Star w/ Miss Vicky. Braddock was his typical self in this one, as the man that PTW fans respect heavily for the fact that somehow – no matter how much he’s beaten down and hurt – he always somehow manages to win.
*In the main event, Stixx brought out Jim Brooks to be in his corner, who had seemingly made his choice. Shabazz brought out Peter Staniforth, and in one of the best matches in PTW history – a HUGE shock occured. After a back and forth, hard hitting battle with near falls and even the referee getting hurt; Jim Brooks stole Peter’s infamous steel ‘Clipboard of Doom’ and when everyone assumed he’d be aiming for Shabazz – he hit Stixx. Staniforth stood there shocked, and Shabazz hit a diamond cutter and took the victory. Peter then got into the ring, called Brooks up there, and asked the question everyone wanted to know – “Did you do that on purpose or by accident?” Brooks informed Peter that “if you didn’t notice, there’s some legal papers in the back, from an estate agent….because I’m moving to Luton!”. The crowd cheered, and welcomed Jim Brooks to Luton, and Peter thanked him; welcoming him to the ‘family’. The two hugged, and raised Shabazz’s hand victorious on what can only be described as another loud evening in PTW history that won’t ever be forgotten!
THE NEXT SHOW!
PTW’s next show is on Friday 21st September 2007. Here’s all the details you’ll need!
Friday 21st September 2007.
Luton Rugby Football Club,
Doors open 7pm, start 7.30pm.
Adults £8, Children/OAP’s/Students £5, Family of four £20.
You can order/reserve tickets for PTW’s next show on Sept 21st, right now by calling the PTW Box Office now on 07856 164285; or via email at email@example.com.
DONATING TO THE CAUSE!
As you know we at PTW are making ourselves useful in the name of charity, so make a donation of any size or kind to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, visit Chrissie’s page at www.breakthroughwalk.org.uk/ChristinaColes ; we appreciate any money given!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE TO BUY!
PTW are happy to announce it has a deal with a professional photographer to take photos at our shows that are for sale afterwards. The website can be viewed at www.slamshots.co.uk, and all action photo’s from our shows can be bought from there! The photo’s from PTW ‘Faith, Hope, and Charity’ in July are now available on a cd, it’s only £2 a cd for over 150 photos, and they can be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW ON YOU TUBE!
Now on YouTube, there are Power Trip Wrestling music video’s, interview segments, and more; so if you’ve got the time, then watch them and please feel free to email feedback to email@example.com.
NEW ONLINE PTW SHOP!
Do you wish to buy Power Trip Wrestling DVD’s, posters, and even tickets for upcoming shows online? Then visit the brand new PTW Shop, at www.ptwshop.co.uk right now!
Power Trip Wrestling have a main sponsorship deal with The Wheatsheaf Pub, which can be found at 184 Bishopscote Road, Luton, LU3 1PE. Under new management, with great live entertaiment and acts appearing; visit the best pub in town! And who knows what stars of PTW you may see there if you visit at the right time….!
www.powertripwrestling.co.uk (Official PTW Website)
www.ptwshop.co.uk (Official PTW Online Shop)
www.peterstaniforth.co.uk (Peter’s Official Website)
www.slamshots.co.uk (PTW’s Official Photographer)
www.myspace.com/power_trip_wrestling (PTW on MySpace)