WWE RAW Results (2/5): Balls, Taker, Lashley, & More!
Event: WWE Monday Night RAW
Airdate: Monday, February 5th, 2007
Location: The Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, IA
Results by PowerWrestling.com
The show begins with video package highlighting the Royal Rumble and Undertaker’s path to tonights decision. Taker makes his way to the ring to a huge pop. King and J.R. talk about his undefeated streak at ‘Mania. As the deadman is standing in the ring, WWE Champion John Cena joins him, followed by ECW World Champion Lashley and the World Heavyweight Champion Batista.
Undertaker eyes up all 3 champions in the ring, going from one to the other, ‘Taker then signals to Batista by drawing his thumb across his throat that he is Undertaker’s choice, so it will be Batista vs. Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.
Shawn Michaels then makes his way to the ring and says “I can’t help but notice that leaves Cena without an opponent”, before he can finish, Randy Orton makes his way to the stage and demands the WWE Title match at WrestleMania
Edge then also makes his way to the stage; he notes that like ‘Taker, he is undefeated at WrestleMania. He says it is his God given right to be in the WWE Title match.
Mr. McMahon then makes his way to the entrance way • he notes how nobody is challenging Lashley, he then announces that a RAW Superstar will challenge Lashley for the ECW World Title tonight.
Vince then announces that Orton, Edge and HBK will be in a Triple Threat match for the right to be in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania.
Undertaker and Batista are the last 2 men stood in the ring, as Batista goes to leave, he notices ‘Taker staring at him. Batista gets up in Undertaker’s face and raises his title up, the Deadman then grabs Batista by the throat and Chokeslams him.
Undertaker leaves up the ramp and stops at the top, looks over his shoulder and raises his arm.
(1) 6-Man Tag Team Match
Carlito w/ Torrie Wilson & Cryme Tyme vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team & Chris Masters. Shelton Benjamin uses a springboard neckbreaker on Carlito and Charlie Haas rolls him up with a handful of tights for the victory.
Video package shows highlighting “fan appreciation night” last week and Mr. McMahon getting trumped!
Vince is talking to Coach in his office, Kenny interrupts and asks if he could challenge Lashley tonight, he agrees. Coach hands Vince a letter from Donald Trump, the letter informs Vince that Mr. Trump will appear in person next week on RAW to give Vince a business proposal. Coach tells Vince he will ban Trump from the building next week, Vince says no, next week, Trump will join Vince’s special elite club.
Maria interviews Ric Flair, he says he is hyped for WrestleMania and tonight he will beat Jeff Hardy and go on to challenge him for the Intercontinental Title at ‘Mania.’
also backstage; Candice sarcasticly wishes Melina good luck in her Women’s title match later, Johnny Nitro says he will take care of Super Crazy and the paparatsi will be there to see Melina become new champ.
Balls Mahoney is stood in the ring, Coach informs him that Mr. McMahon is having a few problems with ECW Originals and even though McMahon will take care of that tomorrow, tonight Balls will face a hand picked opponent, and out comes Umaga.
(2) Balls Mahoney vs. Umaga w/ Estrada. King makes the comment “Umaga is playing with balls!” J.R. questions the remark. Umaga makes short work of Balls, finishing him off with the Samoan Spike.
(3) Johnny Nitro w/ Melina vs. Super Crazy w/ Mickie James. Super Crazy picks up the win after a top-rope moonsault.
(4) Women’s Championship – Mickie James vs. Melina. Fans get behind Mickie. Very good competative match that the fans seemed very alive for – Mickie manages to roll up Melina for the victory. The photographers get in the ring to take pictures of Melina – Nitro chases them off.
backstage, Cena tells HBK to be safe because at the end of the day “We’re still Tag Team Champs, partner.”
up next; Flair vs. Hardy
(5) Jeff Hardy vs. Ric Flair. Hardy sells a knee/leg injury from early on – i believe its a work. Flair goes straight to work on the injury. Flair landed hard from a back body drop. Hardy scores the Twist of Fate but Flair moves to avoid the Swanton Bomb. Flair goes back to work on Hardy’s knee – goes for the Figure Four but Jeff manages to get an inside cradle for the 1-2-3. Flair gets in Jeff’s face after the match – grabs his hand and shakes it, he also gives Hardy a hug. Jeff does a bowing motion as a sign of respect.
55 days till WrestleMania.
backstage, Todd Grisham interviews Batista about what happened earlier. he says he has no problem with being chokeslammed earlier and has no problem teaming with Undertaker at No Way Out, but, “Payback’s a b*tch, and I will retain my title at WrestleMania.”
(6) ECW World Championship – Bobby Lashley vs. Kenny Dykstra. King and J.R. note that apparently if Kenny wins, he will become the youngest World Champion in “WWE” history. Lashley pins Kenny after a powerslam to retain his title.
backstage, Edge goes to talk to Randy Orton, Orton says that tonight they can’t stratagise and team up, Edge agrees but says 2If we have any pride at all, we will make sure the winner isn’t HBK.”
also backstage; Carlito is shown leaving with Torrie, they run into Flair and he asks why the hell Carlito is leaving when there is a main event of this magnitude. he goes on to tell Carlito there is a reason guys like him aren’t in the main event, they are lazy and have no passion, all they care about is getting a paycheck. Flair says Carlito is lucky to be on the RAW roster and walk these corridoors, he says he has a huge problem with people like him, he cassl Carlito a SOB and tells him that he needs to prove himself. Flair walks off with veins popping out of his head and Carlito and Torrie look shaken up.
a split screen is shown displaying Edge, Orton and HBK making their way to the ring.
(7) Triple Threat Match – Winner goes to WrestleMania to face the WWE Champion: Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels. HBK is double teamed by Edge and Orton from the get go. The fans are obviously behind Michaels. After taking out HBK with a RKO – Edge and Orton finally go at it.
Shawn comes back into the match and goes for Sweet Chin Music on Edge, he avoids the contact and goes for the spear but instead spears Orton. HBK then connects with the Sweet Chin Music on Edge, and pins Orton for the victory. So it will be John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship. Cena then appears in the ring and HBK gets in his face.
Batista then makes his way to the rampway and Undertaker once again rises from below to the side of the entrance way. Taker then gets right in Batista’s face but they then both turn to stare down their No Way Out opponents, Cena and HBK.
The show ends with both WrestleMania opponents and “teams” staring the other down.