1PW ‘Fight Club II’ (TV taping for The Wrestling Channel and to air later tonight on PPV via MediaZone.com)
Report courtesy of WrestleMag.com
1PW were in Barnsley, South Yorkshire this evening for their ‘Fight Club II’ TV taping which will air in a few weeks time on The Wrestling Channel in the UK & Ireland and can be bought on PPV online via MediaZone.com from later tonight.
Ring of Honor World Champion Bryan Danielson missed the show after missing his flight into the UK which also caused him to no-show the AWA show here in the UK earlier today prior to 1PW’s show.
Full results as follows:
– Team 1PW (El Ligero, Dragon Aisu & Darkside) beat Team PWG (Scorpio Sky, Topgun Talware & Phoenix Star. Good match to open the show.
– Takao Omori beat Andy Boy Simmonz. Fairly quick match – nothing to write home about.
– Iceman beat Martin Stone via TKO. Good match with plenty of brawling.
– Teddy Hart beat Pac. Fast paced, high flying spotfest which went down well.
– Attendance said to be around the 500 mark.
– Darren Burridge & Jimmy Snuka beat Jay Phoenix & Stevie Lynn. Snuka (who worked this afternoon’s AWA show in Hampshire) was previously off the card after 1PW promoter Steven Gauntley released a statement several weeks ago stating that he was not confident Snuka would be able to get past customs and into the UK. Burridge of course was originally set to take on ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson, who missed his flight into the UK (meaning yet another 1PW show that goes ahead with changes to the advertised card), prompting the change on Snuka’s involvement.
– Sterling James Keenan beat Spud in a Street Fight.
– Jonny Storm & Jody Fleisch beat Team Supreme to retain the 1PW Tag Team Titles.
– Steve Corino vs Doug Williams in a ‘2 out of 3 falls’ match went to a time limit (one hour) draw at one fall each. Corino retains the 1PW Title.
Despite time issues yet again being a problem tonight, the Main Event was made a one-hour time limit which appeared to put some people off who were travelling home. Some left early after lengthy promo’s and a raffle taking place prior to the Main Event led to the Corino-Williams match starting close to 11pm with the show ending just before midnight. Many had been in the MetroDome since the afternoon to watch the England vs Portugal World Cup game prior to the show.