I thought I’d try this out for fun and see what happens. I’m going to try and give you my projection of what’s going to happen on Monday Night RAW later tonight. Remember, this is for fun, but you never know, I might end up being right! I’ll be making these “predictions” based on common sense, and an inner feeling, so enjoy…
* I wouldn’t expect that much attention on the Ric Flair vs. Batista match tonight. This is a very poorly booked match because RAW takes place LIVE from Raleigh, North Carolina! Flair Country, where Flair is face no matter what. It will be interesting to see how the fans react to the match, and if they’ll go along with Batista’s push. My prediction is that they will, and that we’ll see a lot of backstage vignettes on the feud this week, as well as the match itself, rather an in-ring interview/promo segment.
* I expect Matt Hardy to be at RAW tonight, but I haven’t heard anything about him making an appearance on TV. At this point in time, I doubt he’ll show up on TV, but he’ll definitely visit with friends backstage. Unless the Lita situation is too hostile, seeing as Edge is on this show as well.
* A lot of attention should be (and most likely will be) paid to the Chris Jericho challenge made last week. WWE.com has been buzzing about it as well, saying we’ll find out more about the challenge. For those of you who missed out on it – It’s supposed to be a Ladder Match involving six men. Jericho will be challenging five others. Look for these people to get in there — Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, and possible Edge and Kane (although the latest is for an Edge vs. Kane match at WrestleMania), and if not I’d have to unfortunately go with Snitsky, Hassan, or some of the bunch. It will also probably be for the Intercontinental Championship.
* Seeing as they did nothing on SmackDown, my guess is that another feud that should get more air time is Randy Orton vs. Undertaker. I either expect a direct challenge by Orton (which would be sorta dull, yet interesting to see how ‘Taker would react), or another hint that he’s after the Dead Man, and an appearance by Orton at the SmackDown tapings this week. The latter seems more logical.
* The rest of the WrestleMania card should be shaping up, so my guess is that we will hear from Edge and Kane, as well as from Trish. If Kane doesn’t appear on this show, I might start pondering whether he’s off TV until his movie debuts, or at least a month or so? Doubtful though.
* Chris Masters should beat another jobber.
* Seeing as there’s several storylines they’re working on for Mania and nothing else, expect the useless matches and squashes they’ve had for a week now to continue.
Well, let’s see if any of my guesses are correct!