It’s been a while so today I want to ask you some questions. This is my way of getting some different opinions and I learn so much. So before I get into that, one of my readers would like to know what the name of Randy Orton’s theme song is and who does it? And I have to be honest with you I’m curious too since last Tuesday I was humming the song just about the whole day. So if someone has the answer please let me know. Okay now to my questions.
1. Who would you like to see become the next World Heavyweight Champion? While I know that Randy Orton is just waiting in the wings and I am okay with that, Chris Jericho is the guy that I would love to beat Hunter and walk out as the World Champion. This man has basically carried Raw for the last couple of years. No matter who you put up against him, you know with Chris in there it’s going to be a decent match. Take Jericho out of the ring and his charisma just flows. It’s been too many years with Chris being passed over for this title. Even though it’s a long shot Chris Jericho is my pick for the next World Champion.
2. I would love to know how the die hard Undertaker fans feel about his sporadic appearances. And for Taker fans like me, that aren’t die hard fans but do enjoy him, does his on again, off again appearances take away from your feelings for him? I have said this many times, seeing Taker live is an experience I wish you could all feel. I get goose bumps with his presence and hearing the fans pop so loudly for him makes it just a joy to be their live. However, the way Taker is now is really killing things for me. I don’t feel his in ring work is what it was and at times its just plain poor. I would love to see Taker on weekly. He doesn’t have to wrestle a few run-ins would work for me, and give him a stable and let them commit major mayhem and I think everyone can benefit from that.
3. So most of you know Edge has just about won me over. What about you? Has he grabbed you as well. My favorite Edge of all time was Edge teaming up with Christian playing the lame, humorous cocky heels. I will never forget their poses and their kazoo playing. Believe me I still think about that one. But now Edge has finally become a damn good bitter heel. I watched Bottom Line early this morning and again his bitching about the voting at Taboo Tuesday and all the injuries he as suffered just sealed what a super heel he is portraying. Edge was going down fast but as of late I’m not only happy with his performance but it’s nice to know that the creative team is doing something right at least as far as Edge is concerned.
4. Taboo Tuesday yeah the voting was definitely a hit with me. Such a hit that I would love to see a Smackdown pay per view go that route. How do you feel about Smackdown having the fans vote for their pay per view? As I said last week I do believe the voting made a difference at Taboo Tuesday. I would like to think that it was legit and not fixed. It was great getting the fans involved. Also it’s the voting that helped with Edge’s character. It’s what put the bitterness into him. So I say definitely Smackdown should try it out and see what character could greatly benefit from the voting.
5. My final question or I should say questions are about JBL. First has JBL held the title too long, not long enough or he’s held it just about the right amount of time? Has JBL proven to be a good champion? And has his title reign shown you another side of JBL, something you never thought you would see? I’m taking the last one first. I definitely have seen another side of JBL, instead of the beer drinking brawling poker playing APA character that I was so used to seeing. His humorous, cocky yet cowardly entrepreneur character has come off so well. I have enjoyed this man weekly with his BS niceness to the fans by shaking their hands only to watch them with Purell to get the germs off, to being so inquisitive when asking Josh Matthews how is family is. It’s all bull but he pulls it off so well. As far as being a good champion? As far as out of the ring, JBL has been a treasure, he definitely has won me over; however in the ring with the exception of the pay per views, JBL really hasn’t shown me much. So to answer the first part I’m ready for him to lose to Booker at the Survivor Series. I have to hand it to Vince, he’s stayed with him and I think it’s been long enough. But as I said out of all of this, I have become a big JBL fan so being the WWE champion in that way has been a positive.
Okay there you have it I can’t wait to hear from you. So it’s on to Raw in Peoria which by the way is only about 2 and a half hours from here. I wish I was going to be there. But since I won’t be I will be watching and the rumor is that it’s going to be Hunter/Flair/Batista and Edge vs. Benoit/Jericho/Orton and Maven in some kind of War Games. That I would like a lot. I really don’t care to see Hunter defending his title when you know he isn’t going to lose it at that pay per view. So bring on the War Games. I just have to end with this. I got a trick or treater just a few minutes ago and he was dressed as Mankind. I immediately yelled WHOA MANKIND is here, and he and his mom were so surprised that I knew who Mankind was. His mom said that on one knows what he’s dressed like. Let me tell you I felt so good about this because it made his day and it made mine. Ah to be a wrestling fan!