– The following match took place on WWE Sunday Night Heat prior to the Great American Bash on Pay Per View:
–Spike Dudley vs. Jamie Noble
Winner: Spike Dudley
– The match ended when Spike hit the Dudley Dog on Noble for the win.
Full WWE Great American Bash (SmackDown) PPV Results – 6/27/04
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
WWE UNITED STATES TITLE – FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH
–John Cena (c) vs. Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree
Winner & STILL WWE US Champion: John Cena
– Rob Van Dam was eliminated first by John Cena when he rolled him up after RVD had hit two five star frog splash’s on Dupree and Booker T. Rene Dupree was eliminated second by Booker T, pinning him after Cena gave Dupree an FU. Booker gave Cena the axe kick as well, but pinned Dupree instead. Booker T was eliminated third by John Cena when Cena gave him the FU for the pin. Cena retains the WWE United States Title.
– Backstage, Sable was in a hot tub saying that no one is hotter than she is.
–Charlie Haas w/ Miss Jackie vs. Luther Reigns
Winner: Luther Reigns
– The match ended when Reigns gave Haas an inverted neckbreaker for the pin.
WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
–Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero
Winner & STILL WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Rey Mysterio
– The match ended when Mysterio countered a Gorybomb into a rollup on Guerrero for the pin. The match went a solid 20 minutes.
– Backstage, Torrie Wilson was in a hot tub with Billy Kidman, Funaki and Spike Dudley. Wilson got up and left as she had to get ready for her match with Sable. All three men stared at Wilson and Funaki added “God bless America.”
–Billy Gunn vs. Kenzo Suzuki
Winner: Kenzo Suzuki
– The match ended when Suzuki gave Gunn a low blow followed by reverse DDT into a backbreaker for the pin.
– Backstage, Paul Heyman spoke with Paul Bearer. He teased even if The Undertaker “did the right thing” tonight, he said he may not do the right thing anyways.
–Torrie Wilson vs. Sable
– The match ended when Sable faked an injury and Wilson acted concerned, checking on her. When she did, Sable gave her a schoolboy for the pin.
– Backstage, Dawn Marie was in a bikini with Rene Dupree, Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli. Nunzio showed Marie that he had big feet and it took her awhile to get the joke.
–Hardcore Holly vs. Mordecai
– The match ended when Mordecai countered the Alabama Slam from Holly, connecting with the Razor’s Edge for the win.
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP – TEXAS BULL ROPE MATCH
–Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Winner & NEW WWE Champion: John Bradshaw Layfield
– For those who don’t know, the rules of the match is that one of the competitors must touch all four corners in order to win the match. Some of the highlights of the match saw Guerrero hit a big chairshot on JBL, causing him to get busted open. JBL gave Guerrero a big powerbomb through the spanish announce table (which didn’t break right away). The match ended when both Guerrero and JBL touched three corners each and worked their way to the fourth. Guerrero whipped JBL with the bell and then rammed him. As a result, JBL hit the corner with his back first and then Guerrero slapped the corner with his hand. SmackDown GM Kurt Angle came out and had a replay show that JBL’s shoulder touched the turnbuckle pad first before Guerrero slapped it. The ruling is that John Bradshaw Layfield is your new WWE Champion. Guerrero fell to the corner frustrated as a bloody JBL celebrated.
CONCRETE CRYPT HANDICAP MATCH
(If The Undertaker doesn’t “do the ring thing” as advised by Paul Heyman, a cement truck will be ready to fill a glass crypt with Paul Bearer inside)
–The Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boyz
Winner: The Undertaker
– Before the match started, they showed Paul Bearer locked in the glass “crypt” when Paul Heyman poured some cement into the box to show what he will do. Bubba Ray Dudley demanded The Undertaker lay down for them, but he refused and the match started. Throughout the match, Heyman poured cement into the box and eventually stopped at the request of Bubba Ray so they could finish the match and could do whatever he wanted at the conclusion. The match ended when The Undertaker gave Bubba Ray a chokeslam and a Tombstone Piledriver to D-Von for the win.
After the match, Paul Heyman tried to pull the lever to fill up the rest of the glass crypt with cement when a lightning bolt stuck in the arena and the lights went out. Undertaker walked up to Bearer, kneeled and bowed to him. He then got on the mic saying, “Paul, I have no other choice. Rest in peace.” Undertaker pulled the lever and cement filled the glass crpyt as the show came to a finish.