– Before the show starts, Tazz and Michael Cole say they deserve to call WWE Vengeance just as much as Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler should. JR agrees and lets Tazz and Michael Cole call the first half of the show.
Tag Team Table Match
–Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs. Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero
Winners: Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley via Bubba Ray giving Chris Benoit the Bubba Bomb through the table
– Backstage, Eric Bischoff says tonight he will sign Triple H to RAW. Bischoff is then shown chasing down Triple H saying how good it was to see him on Thursday night. Bischoff then asks why he is heading towards Stephanie’s office because he thought he was with RAW. Triple H says he heard what Bischoff had to say on Thursday night and now he will hear what Stephanie has to say tonight.
WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
–Jamie Noble w/ Nidia vs. Billy Kidman
Winner & STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Jamie Noble via Double Underhook Suplex on Billy Kidman
– Kurt Angle is backstage discussing how he will become the new Undisputed Champion when Paul Heyman walks up and introduces “The Next Big Thing” Brock Lesnar to Kurt Angle and how he will be facing him at SummerSlam. Heyman goes to suck up to Angle when Angle cuts him off and says he saw what he did to The Undertaker this past Monday night on RAW. Kurt Angle says this will be the summer of Kurt Angle, not Brock Lesnar.
WWE European Title
—Jeff Hardy (c) vs. William Regal
Winner & STILL European Champion: Jeff Hardy via roll-up pin
– Ric Flair is shown backstage when Jeff Hardy walks up. He congratulates Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan walks up and congratulates him as well. Jeff Hardy walks away as both Flair and Hogan stare him down. Hogan asks Flair what Vince McMahon was thinking when he made Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon the General Managers for RAW and SmackDown. Flair thinks it will hurt young talent and Hogan agrees.
–Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
Winner: John Cena via Cena countering the Walls of Jericho into roll-up
– Backstage, Eric Bischoff and The Coach are shown standing outside Stephanie McMahon’s office. Stephanie’s attorney walks up and says he must go in to deliver legal documents. Bischoff asks if they are contracts but the attorney won’t say.
– Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler join the announers table and Tazz and Michael Cole leave.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
–Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner & STILL Intercontinental Champion: Rob Van Dam via referee calling for the bell when Paul Heyman interfered
– Eric Bischoff and The Coach are shown again standing outside of Stephanie McMahon’s office when Stephanie opens the door with a mad look on her face. Bischoff says he knows Triple H must not have signed by the look on her face. Stephanie tells Bischoff that Triple H signed and she walks away. Triple H opens the door and Bischoff can’t believe what he just did. Bischoff asks why Triple H would sign with SmackDown. Triple H cuts Bischoff off and said he signed divorce papers, not contract papers. Triple H says he will make his decision tonight.
No Disqualification, No Count-Out
–Booker T vs. Big Show
Winner: Booker T via Houston Hangover from top rope
– Torrie Wilson and Dawn Marie are shown from The World in Times Square.
–Will Triple H sign with RAW or SmackDown?
Before Triple H can get on the mic, Eric Bischoff’s music hits. Bischoff gets on the mic and apologizes to Triple H for how he got involved in his personal business. Bischoff says one clear advantage that he has over Stephanie is that if he signs with him, it’s all business and nothing personal will get in the way. Bischoff says he might not be the most sensitive guy in the world but he is a business man. Bischoff says he spent the last 2 years networking Hollywood. Bischoff guarantees to Triple H that if he signs with RAW, he will get a shot in Hollywood. Stephanie McMahon’s music hits and she gets on the mic. Stephanie tells Bischoff to shut up. Stephanie says nothing personal will get in the way if Triple H decides to sign with SmackDown. Stephanie says she was with Triple H during his success and they can do that again on SmackDown. Eric Bischoff tells Stephanie to shut up. Stephanie brings up the fact that Triple H mentioned that when he was in WCW, Bischoff said Triple H had no charisma and wouldn’t make it in the business. Bischoff says he was young and stupid then and now knows Triple H’s capabilities. Triple H gets on the mic and says Vince McMahon put out the offer to anyone if they wanted to join any roster they please. Triple H says he was put in a position to choose between a prick, Eric Bischoff and a bitch, Stephanie McMahon. Triple H says it wouldn’t make a difference if he said “screw you” to both Bischoff and Stephanie. Triple H says he has made his decision and that he would rather go with the devil he knows instead of the devil he doesn’t know. Triple H says that this week on SmackDown…Shawn Michael’s music hits. HBK gets on the mic and says that everybody knows the last thing he wants to do is cause any trouble. HBK says he doesn’t want to get in the middle of this whole love triangle thing. HBK says he thought at Vengeance he would come out here and bring Triple H back to the nWo. HBK says there is a problem. Kevin Nash is hurt and Vince McMahon stated that the nWo no longer exists. HBK says with that being said, he noticed Triple H had a big decision on his hands to pick either RAW or SmackDown. HBK suggests that Triple H take into consideration some things for his decision, friendship and fun. HBK says besides Kevin Nash, he knows HBK is a good friend to him. HBK says there is nobody in this world that he has had more fun with. HBK tells Triple H to picture this…Triple H, Shawn Michael’s, letting their hair down, making Eric Bischoff’s life a living hell. HBK says all Triple H has to do is become a part of the show they made famous, RAW. Triple H gets on the mic and says that the offer is tempting. Triple H then walks up to Stephanie and tells her sorry followed by shaking Shawn Michael’s hand. Triple H has signed with RAW!
Triple H and Shawn Michael’s leave and Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon remain. Bischoff gets on the mic and tells Stephanie that he is the winner and that she is the loser. Bischoff says the big difference between the both of them is that he has testicles and she doesn’t. Stephanie then slaps Bischoff and leaves.
– Backstage, Rikishi gives his thoughts on Triple H signing with RAW. Rikishi says he feels sorry for the young guys that look up to Triple H but he had to do what he had to do.
– Backstage, Booker T and Goldust are shown when Booker T gives his thoughts on Triple H signing with RAW. Booker says he doesn’t care about Triple H signing but what he does care about is the newly re-formed alliance between Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Booker brings up that Shawn Michael’s put a boot mark on his face and he hopes he won’t make the same mistake again.
WWE Tag Team Titles
–Hulk Hogan & Edge (c’s) vs. Lance Storm & Christian
Winners & NEW Tag Team Champions: Lance Storm & Christian via Chris Jericho interfering & nailing Edge with the Tag Team belt
– Eric Bischoff is shown talking to Kurt Angle about getting him to possibly come to RAW. Angle seemed to be more focused on his WWE Undisputed Title Match rather than listening to what Bischoff had to say.
– Marc Lloyd is backstage with Stephanie McMahon and he tells her that Kurt Angle was just spotted talking with Eric Bischoff. Stephanie says that is okay because she is in contact with every superstar on RAW and when the time is right, she will strike and rip the heart out from RAW.
WWE Undisputed Title – Triple Threat Match
–The Undertaker (c) vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle
Winner & NEW Undisputed Champion: The Rock via Rock Bottom on Kurt Angle