Source: Pro Wrestling .NET
London, England at Wembley Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Adam Coulson
There were around 9,000-10,000 people in attendance with only the upper tier seats on the far side left reasonably empty. The fans in attendance were a lot different to a WWE event with the majority being vocal 18-40 year old males, but there were still women and children in attendance.
Jeremy Borash was introduced and came out to a good reception and did his job of pumping up the crowd saying the best place to end the tour was in London, etc. and offering backstage passes to the loudest fans.
1. Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde and Sarita with Hamada as the special referee. The Beautiful People came out to a huge pop and did there entrance ass shaking to a huge cheer. When all knockouts were in the ring they spent two minutes rubbing themselves and shaking there asses to very loud cheers (BP won that contest as well). Standard knockouts tag match with the usual spots ending with hair spray being used and a school boy roll up for the victory for the BP.
Post match beat down by the BP which got turned around and they ended up on the wrong end of a beating. Velvet Sky was gold in this match as she spent most of the time on the apron shaking her ass and rubbing herself down to huge cheers from the fans.
Earl Hebner got introduced to loud booos and the usual “You screwed Bret” chants.
2. Desmond Wolfe defeated The Pope. Pope got a good cheer when he came out but that soon changed when Wolfes music hit he was super over as he is from London, England and Pope became the heel from then on. Lots of different holds and submission attempts in this match with both men using there usual move. Wolfe used arm drags and locks, european uppercuts etc. The finish came when Pope went to the top rope, Wolfe took his legs out and hit him with the Tower of London for the win.
Good match that you would expect from these two. Pope went ringside at the end and went to give his t-shirt to a kid and then Pope snatched it away at the last second and walked off to huge boos funny.
3. Samoa Joe and Hernandez defeated Eric Young and Rhino. Young got booed, Rhino got a good reaction followed by ECW chants, Hernandez cheered and Samoa Joe was most over with chants of “Joe’s gonna kill you” going on throughout the contest. Usual spots including a Joe suicide dive followed by Hernandez doing his dive over the top rope. The finish was Eric Young getting the muscle buster from Joe for the 1-2-3. Decent match that was probably mostly down to Samoa Joe.
4. Beer Money defeated Team 3D and The British Invasion. Beer Money and Team 3D were cheered and the Brits were booed. Chants of “You’re on steroids” and “You cant wrestle” were going on throughout the match to Rob Terry. Funny. It was as good a match that could have been expected from a three-way tag match. Team 3D did the whassup headbutt to the groin followed by Devon getting a table. Beer Money did there double suplex followed by the “Beer Money” chant. The finish was a DWI from Beer Money to Brutus Magnus for the win. Beer Money were easily the most over of the teams.
Post match beatdown from the Brits ended with Rob Terry getting a 3D through the table to a large cheer. Brother Ray cut a promo saying how Beer Money are the future of the business. A kid was taken from the crowd and given a piece of the table that was signed by all four men. As James Storm was walking towards the back, Brother Devon ran behind him and pulled his tights down showing his ass. Storm chased Devon back to the ring but gave up and went to the back. Very funny.
Intermission while they set up Ultimate X
5. Doug Williams defeated Suicide, Daniels, Amazing Red and Chris Sabin to retain the X Division Championship in an Ultimate X match. Everyone in this match was cheered, and as much as Daniels was trying to get himself over as a bad guy chants of fallen angel were herd. Lots of high spots with all of the wrestlers doing some of there signature moves. Amazing Red did a huracanrana from the top rope to Daniels sending him flying onto the other wrestlers on the floor at ringside very impressive.
Towards the end of the match Daniels and Suicide ended up on the top of the structure like they did last year when Daniels nearly killed himself, with loud chants of please dont die going round the arena. They traded punches on the top until Suicide did a scoop slam on Daniels on the top of the structure. The finish happened when Suicide climbed through the structure and was standing on the wires above the title when Doug Williams who was climbing along the wire kicked Suicides legs out, he fell and Doug took the title down for the win.
Very entertaining match that you would expect to see from the X Division with a surprising amount of risky spots for a house show.
Dixie Carter was introduced and she came to the ring and did the whole thanking the fans for there support, etc. Last year she was heavily cheered but this year she had a mixed reaction with around 40 percent of the people booing, which was strange. She then introduced AJ Styles, who came out to a huge cheer. She said he would have to defend his title against and pointed up the ramp. All the lights in the arena went out and Kurt Angle’s music hit and he came out to the biggest pop of the night with thousands of people on their feet cheering. Dixie told Earl Hebner he would not be allowed to referee the match after the incident on Impact and sent him to the back.
6. AJ Styles defeated Kurt Angle to retain the TNA Heavyweight Championship. Styles started the match strong using Flair style chops with “woooo” being chanted by the fans. He applied a figure four and did a flip dive to the outside. Kurt came back with some suplexes followed by four straight german suplexes with the final one being a release german. Styles hit a Styles Clash for a two count, then Kurt applied a triangle choke which AJ turned into another styles clash for another two count.
Kurt hit the angle slam for two and locked in the ankle lock which AJ escaped from. AJ used an Angle slam on Kurt for a two count and locked in the Ankle lock which Kurt escaped from. The finish came when AJ hit a flying forearm on Angle and his legs hit Slick Johnson to knock him out.
AJ then hit Angle with the title belt and Hebner ran in to make the count but Angle kicked out at two. AJ went up top but Angle ran up and hit a top rope Angle Slam. Hebner made a really slow count slapping AJ in the face between counts which allowed him to kick out at two. Angle got in Hebner’s face then punched him and put him in a Ankle Lock. AJ hit Angle with a low blow from behind followed by a brainbuster on the title belt which looked great and Slick recovered to make the three count.
A great match for a house show which would not have looked out of place if it was a PPV main event. After the match, AJ was laughing in Angle’s face, but Kurt hit him with a Styles Clash onto the belt. Kurt celebrated then called Dixie back to the ring. Kurt thanked her and the fans then gave Dixie a kiss on the cheek. He then called the TNA roster to the ring for some beers and all of the faces came out to have a beer to close the show.
Overall, good show, solid undercard with two very good main events.
TNAStars.com Contests & Promotions: Check out what we’re giving away! ›››
Source: Pro Wrestling .NET